FuriousFotog – Your Image Licensing Investment
(Subject to change without notice. Rev. 02 April 2017)
FuriousFotog utilizes Rights Managed Image Licensing for its beautiful and unique images. This helps to prevent repeated use of these images in multiple applications, such as on different book covers, avoiding brand dilution and most importantly making the image YOURS.
It’s not just a theoretical problem: in 2004, Dell and Gateway featured the same model and the same location in their back-to-school campaigns. Also, Wanadoo and Cegetel, two competing providers of high-speed Internet access, posted the same photo — Photoshopped a bit, but easily recognizable — on their respective home pages.
Royalty Free is no doubt a great value, especially with microstock companies now gaining popularity, but it comes at a price. Low cost and non-exclusive, unlimited use can create overexposure of stock photos. How many book covers have you seen with the same image on the cover? Case in point:
Rights Managed images can be more expensive up front, but they come with the valuable assurance that you, and only you, will be using the image.
|IMAGE LICENSING & CUSTOM PHOTO SHOOT SERVICES
Please specify which option you are quoting when inquiring at email@example.com.
Prices shown below are minimums.
Exclusive licensing of a single, existing and available image for a trade/e-book cover or for an exclusive teaser.
PHOTOGRAPHER'S FEE + TALENT FEE = CONTRACT TOTAL
Starting at $600.00 ($300 + $300)
GENERAL TEASERS IMAGES ARE AVAILABLE AT $100 PER IMAGE.
NOTE: TEASER IMAGES IN THIS CAPACITY MAY NOT BE USED ON COVERS OR PHYSICAL PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS AND MAY BE USED BY MULTIPLE AUTHORS.
- Valid for UNLIMITED sales.
- Talent fees are derived by the model or their agency. FuriousFotog does not determine the talent fee.
- The $300 talent fee is a baseline to an individual model.
- If there are multiple models in an image (such as a couple), a separate fee is applied for EACH model or a couples fee may have been worked out by the model team.
- If the model/agency has a different rate, that new rate will be applied to the quote instead of the $300 talent fee.
- Client to pay the talent fee separately from photographer's fee, unless otherwise stipulated in the Agreement.
- PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE - A 3% processing fee is added for PayPal invoicing. Minimum $150 down payment required, due in full after six (6) months.
- Once the contract is signed and payments made, exchanges of images with the same model are allowable (within 10 days). Image exchanges with a different model carry a penalty equal to the new model's talent fee, payable directly to the new model. Images may only be swapped once without a new contract being required.
- All photos delivered for a cover are per the photographer's established style. It is up to the cover designer to make adjustments to the cover for your derivative work unless previous arrangements have been made with FuriousFotog.
- Please be advised that additional editing (removal of standard background elements, recompositing, combining elements from separate photos, etc.) constitutes high-end retouching services and carries an extra charge, based on the extent of additional editing required.
Specific custom cover photo shoot for single book cover, with associated promotional teaser / swag images.
$450.00 package (or $300 for a single custom image)
A $100 non-refundable deposit required to secure a date and will be applied toward final price due.
- A minimum of 30 days notice is required to book a custom photo shoot if specific locations or props are required and there is available time. (Typically FuriousFotog books 3-4 months in advance.)
- Price includes session fee and a commercial use fee for up to eight (8) total final edited HD images, allowing up to two (2) of these eight (8) images on a SINGLE book cover. The rest may be used for teasers and you are allowed to create giveaways items and "swag" such as postcards, bookmarks, etc.
- If multiple book covers are to be created from these images, such as a duet or trilogy, or if more than two (2) of the eight (8) images are to be put on the cover itself, a discounted premium of $200 plus the talent fee per each additional cover image will be billed. The overall image count remains at 8. Finally, if images of the same model are to be used for a cover from a different shoot, Package A prices apply.
- Additional edits beyond the packaged 8 are available at $25 each, for promotional use only. Use on a cover requires the cover premium to be paid along with any additional talent fee(s) to models.
- The final edited images are under exclusive license to the paying author or publisher and will not be relicensed to others.
- NOTE: Different poses and/or outfits from any portfolio work the model may perform after completion of the cover shoot duties are available for further licensing by FuriousFotog at the Package A pricing.
- Client is solely responsible for provision & confirmation of wardrobe, specific props, locations & associated location fees, and model direction for specific poses where required. Photographer shall work to capture the required poses, but is allowed artistic license to insure the integrity of their work. Photographer is not responsible for non-approved / mistaken wardrobe or unavailable locations and is due payment for their time in the session.
All photos delivered for a cover are per the photographer's established style. It is up to the cover designer to make adjustments to the cover for your derivative work, unless previous arrangements have been made with FuriousFotog.
- Please be advised that additional editing (removal of standard background elements, recompositing, combining elements from separate photos, etc.) constitutes high end retouching services and carries an extra charge, based on the extent of additional editing required.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Does NOT include any talent fee(s) / day rates (these negotiations with the model or agency and related payments are separate from FuriousFotog). Please inform the model or agency if shooting for multiple book covers.
- Does NOT include any associated travel expenses (airfare, car rental, lodging, per diem) for either Photographer and/or model(s), payable in advance of the shoot.
- Does NOT include any location or rental fees. These are the responsibility of the client.
- If Photographer travel to a shoot requires an extra day and there is no chance of additional shoots being booked, a $300 travel premium shall be applied along with the session fee and is also due prior to travel.
- Does NOT include commercial rights to sell posters, calendars, etc. - see below for this option.
Specific custom book cover photo shoot for cover image(s) only (no promotional images):
$500.00 for up to 3 custom book cover images.
- Price includes session fee and a commercial use fee for up to 3 final edited HD images, allowing use of these 3 images on up to THREE book covers and also for promotional materials (you are allowed to create giveaways items and "swag" such as postcards, bookmarks, etc. from these images)
- Same additional provisions apply as in the Package B.
Licensing of image(s) for commercial sales of physical products (e.g. calendars, posters, blankets):
- 20% royalty if images are used are from FuriousFotog only.
- A prorated percentage if multiple sources are used, based upon the percentage of FuriousFotog images used in the final item(s) for sale.